Why hesitate to get married in the winter?
SNOW creates a magical, fairytale setting for your wedding day. Snow on the ground makes for a romantic look and the bright GLOW of reflected light. There’s just something about WINTER LIGHT that is completely different then any other time of the year. Because of the white on the ground, light bounces everywhere with nothing to stop it and covers your face in the most flattering light! Snow also matches your dress! If the snow is falling and the sky is overcast… this is the perfect opportunity for some intimate, cozy photos with your LOVE.
why a winter wedding can be a good idea…
1) MOST venues offer discounted rates in the winter!
2) Many of your guests are less busy and will be more likely to attend in the winter (January-March)
3) Because winter is not as busy, more vendors and venues are available…so you will be more likely to book the vendors (and photographers ;) you want!
4) Planning a warm or tropical honeymoon will be even more exciting when you can escape the cold here at home!
Tips for a making your winter wedding Wonderful!
1. Some COLOR COMBINATIONS that are perfect for the season >>
NAVY / CRANBERRY / EMERALD GREEN / DEEP PURPLE / GREY / BLACK / JEWEL TONES - ROSE GOLD, GOLD, SILVER
When choosing your winter wedding colors, a POP OF COLOR is also essential! Flowers are the perfect accessory to get creative with and add that pop of delicious color… Navy with Pink or coral bouquets / Cranberry dresses with blush and pink or orange / Emerald Green with white or cranberry / Purple with mixed greens, oranges, or whites / Grey is so versatile and looks great with any color of flower / Black looks amazing with blush, or a mixed color bouquet.
2. Bring a fur coat or cozy wrap to wear over your wedding dress! For practical purposes to stay warm and also this can be a stunning vintage touch! Perhaps you have a special fur or cape from your grandmother that will not only look amazing, but will be a tribute to her <3
3. Wear snow boots for trekking outside for portraits…this will keep you warm and look super cute for photos! Umbrellas also work well for the snow!